The Quality Manager plans, directs, coordinates and conducts activities concerned with the company quality system and will act as the Management Representative for the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 system. Interprets, implements and directs quality system programs to ensure quality control of production documentation and processes in accordance with corporate quality standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, administers and maintains current ISO 9001:2015 QMS and lead conversion from AS9100D to IATF 16949 quality system registration.
- Management representative for ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 purposes.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection and evaluation.
- Writes quality assurance policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Plans and oversees personnel engaged in conducting internal quality audits, line audits, receiving audits and dock audits.
- Maintains the standards library.
- Provides training to employees on topics related to quality assurance.
- Insures all master files, PO folders, engineering change notices, internal corrective action, non-conforming materials, risk analysis and product launch data are maintained and current.
- Compiles statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings.
- Cooperates with top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
- Occasional travel to other plant locations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering or related technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Quality Leadership role.
- Automotive or aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Experienced in IATF 16949 quality system or equivalent.
- Experience working with FCA preferred.
- Working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA and SPC.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Manistee, Michigan (www.amptechinc.com).
- Relocation is available.
Respond to Quality Manager, Attn: HR Specialist at email@example.com