Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Restriction of the use of Certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS)
Directive 2002/96/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on Waste and Electrical Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
As all companies in our industry, we rapidly passed the July 1, 2006 deadline to comply with the RoHS and WEEE Directives referenced above.
AMPTECH is very cognizant of the implications this initiative has on our operation processes and many of our customers. We have taken significant steps through the purchase of new equipment, an IPC Certified Trainer on staff and communications with our supply base to meet the new demands of this change, while currently these requirements are European based, if you sell goods out of the U.S. you are effected. We also believe that there will soon be new US mandated requirements for no lead manufacturing.
The following impacts may also result from the changes to “lead free”.
• Component cost increases, principally the PCB.
• PCB layout changes to accommodate component needs.
• PCB Tooling costs due to board layout changes.
• Component lead time may be increased for these new lead free materials.
• Obsolete material issues may arise as parts are transitioned to lead free.
• Circuit redesign due to discontinuance of a component part.
• Decide whether or not these new requirements affect your organization.
• AMPTECH can provide the resources to verify printed circuit board Bill of Material for component compliance at a reasonable cost.
• AMPTECH can also provide recommendations to those components not meeting RoHS.
• AMPTECH can provide an action plan to get your product ready to meet RoHS.
We expect this approach to provide assurance to our customers that we are taking the necessary steps to prepare ahead to protect your interests.
If you would like us to schedule a visit, a conference call or other form of direct communication regarding this matter, please contact us.
201 Glocheski Drive
1605 Old Route 18
Wampum, PA 16157